Campus resources

Wayne State University is committed to providing a quality experience to students, faculty, and staff. We offer the following resources to support all members of our campus community. 

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is dedicated to providing counseling and psychological assistance to WSU students. CAPS can be reached via phone by calling 313-577-3398, or through their website

Dean of Students Office. Students may experience considerable stress from academic work, relationships or other aspects of life while on campus. If you have a concern about a student, please contact the Dean of Students Office at 313-577-1010 or submit a Student Care Report.

Student Disability Services (SDS) can be reached via phone at 313-577-1851, videophone at 313-202-4216 or online at

Office of Equal Opportunity is available for individuals who have a complaint involving unlawful discrimination or harassment, contact the office at 313-577-2280.

Office of Internal Audit offers an anonymous hotline at 313-577-5138, or an anonymous tip online form, to confidentially report an incident or share concerns.

Office of Multicultural Student Engagement is located in the Student Center Building, 7th Floor. The office is open Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. OMSE representatives can be reached via phone at 313-577-2312, or email To learn about their services visit the OMSE website at

Ombudsperson Office encourages student success by answering questions about University policies and procedures, supplying an informal and impartial environment in which conflicts and concerns may be confidentially discussed and potential solutions explored, and providing referrals to appropriate services. The Ombuds office can be reached at 313-577-3487 or email

Title IX concerns and complaints (e.g., any form of sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking or retaliation for filing such a complaint) should be directed to the university's Title IX Director at 313-577-9999 or

Student Disability Services (SDS) can be reached via phone at 313-577-1851, videophone at 313-202-4216 or online at

If you are not sure whether to report an incident, contact the Office of the General Counsel for guidance at 313-577-2268.


Medical campus

School of Medicine Counseling and Support can be reached via phone at 313-577-1463 or online at

Office of Medical Education Diversity and Inclusion can be reached via phone at 313-577-1598 or online at



Employee Assistance Program is available at 800-448-8326. Additional information on their services is available through WSU Human Resources at